Omnigraffle is a great wireframing software, but it has some drawbacks. One of them is not being able to crop images. Well, there’s a solution for that.
Thanks to my colleague Jakub I’ve found a script that allow us to crop an image with another object. Instructions and file can be found on this forum thread, but I’ll add some extra steps to clarify.
How to install the script
- First you have to activate the Script menu. But the _AppleScript Utility_ that says the forum doesn’t exist anymore. You have to open the AppleScript Editor, go to its Preferences and activate Show Script menu in menu bar.
- (Optional) Personally I prefer having the application scripts at the top, rather than the bottom.
- Time to open Omnigraffle. You should see the scripts icon in the menu bar. Open it and select Open OmniGraffle Pro Scripts Folder.
- Move the uncompressed script file to that folder.
- You’re now ready to crop! Just select the image to crop and the shape you’re going to use to crop it, go to the scripts menu and you’ll find Crop image. Select and that’s it!
Hope you find it useful. Thanks to Bill Van Hecke and Lizard who created the script, and if you have any question about how to use it feel free to ask.